How To Heal Your Gut Naturally
Top 4 Stressors
The factors which give rise to intense stresses in mind and methods to overcome them are
- Fear of Death. This fear is inbuilt in majority of human beings. It is absurd to estimate our life span in terms of days, months and years which is based upon human perception of day and night. We may note that if we go to space there is no such thing as day and night. Actually the life assigned (by natural death} is given by number of heart beats permitted since it is controlled by crista gali which has function like electronic switch. For example, picture tube of our televisions can be made on and off any number of times till its permitted number. Once we cross it, the life is consumed. Similarly the Almighty has given us finite number of permissible beats of our heart, beyond which we cannot live. It is up to us to consume the designated heart beats over short time or long time. If we keep our breathing rate, as slow as possible it will suitably guide our heart rate. Consequently, we are most likely to live longer unless accidents, war etc consume us. Slow breathing also enables us to pacify our mind.
- Fear of competition and loss of opportunities. To grow in status is a natural desire of most of us. We however conveniently forget about our real capabilities and self hypnotize ourselves to develop a superiority complex so when we lose promotions or financial rewards, we feel hurt. One lesson I have learnt in life is that you get only that which you are destined for and entitled to get. Nothing less and nothing more. Nobody can snatch anything that we are entitled for in life. This does not mean that we should give up our efforts. One should also remember that our professional life makes only a small part of our total life
- Venting our anger and frustrations on our family members. Do not do this. Everybody needs somebody with us to share our frustrations, reasons for anger, depression etc. The best to do this is to share with our life partner, brother or friend the issues troubling us. This should be done with balanced mind.
- Complex family issues. These may include children education, getting them settled, security for self and family in retired life etc. We can plan for our retired life but not for career of children. They will become that which they are destined for. We can only financially and morally support them to only some extent. We cannot fashion their destiny to our liking.
The list can be endless and I feel incapable of dealing all of them
6 Simple Things You Can Do To Reduce Stress
These simple steps are very useful in making the needed biochemical and neurological changes in the body to reduce stress.
Ways To Improve Gut Health
We can also improve our gut health by:
- Avoiding sugar/fructose: Eating excess sugar and fructose will distort the ratio of good to bad bacteria in your gut by serving as a fertilizer/fuel for pathogenic bacteria, yeast and fungi that negatively inhibit the beneficial bacteria in your gut.
- Eating fermented foods: Traditionally made, unpasteurized fermented foods are a rich source of probiotics. Healthy choices include lassi (an Indian yoghurt drink, traditionally enjoyed before dinner), fermented grass fed organic milk such as kefir, various pickled fermentations of cabbage, turnips, eggplant, cucumbers, onions, squash and carrots, and natto (fermented soy).